8.04.2017

Jill Sprott's Stashbusting Challenge + My Own Personal Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone!  I'm popping in to tell you about 2 challenges I plan on embarking on this month: a stashbusting challenge and a layout challenge.

A few years ago, I had the pleasure of playing along with Jill Sprott's stashbusting challenge and when I found out she was doing it again this year, I jumped on board again.  It was so much fun for me and I love feeling like I'm making a dent in my stash.

You can see her full blog post here, but here's the basic run-down: you are given a set of criteria and you need to dig through your stash to create a kit that contains products that meet the criteria.  And you need to create at least 3 projects with your kit by the month's end.

Here's a picture of the kit I put together:

And here's the criteria and how I met it:

-Eight pieces of patterned paper scraps: Elle's Studio (yellow & white striped), Echo Park (orange plus signs, green & white polka dots), Chic Tags (Summer words, turquoise & white damask pattern), October Afternoon (multi-colored chevron), Pinkfresh Studio (blue leaves) and Amy Tangerine (days of the week)

-Four specialty papers: Bella Blvd (blue stars transparency, orange hearts transparency), American Crafts (gold glitter paper), Pink Paislee (chipboard circles)

-Two complete/unused sheets of patterned paper: Feliciy Jane (black & white stars), Bella Blvd (black & white plus signs)

-One yard of ribbon/trim: so...I couldn't pull together a yard because one of my scrap boxes got misplaced in our recent move, but I did find this blue and white polka dot ribbon that I'll work into a layout - I'm not sure of the manufacturer of it

-One sticker sheet, with a catch: at least one sticker must be missing from the sheet: Bella Blvd chipboard words

-A pre-2015 alphabet set: Basic Grey black chipboard alphas

-One opened package of scrappy product: Simple Stories sicker pack...I almost feel like this one is cheating since there are 6 sticker sheets in there, but it technically is a package of scrappy product, so I'm going with it :)

-One unopened package of scrappy product: Hip Kit Club puffy stickers from their August 2016 kit

-One roll of tape: This one is fun for me - the movers accidentally left the tape they use to number boxes and furniture, so I'm totally gonna find a way to work it into my projects!

-One item or package of product from a company that no longer makes scrappy products: October Afternoon die cuts (this makes me sad because I miss them!)

-Up to 10 jounraling and/or Project Life cards/tags: I chose 3 tags: Amy Tangerine ("today" tag), Paper Source (grey tag) and Jillibean Soup (foiled "Hello" tag).  I chose 7 PL cards: Jillibean Soup (die cut dog, die cut "happy"), Amy Tangerine (blue, yellow and black) and Becky Higgins ("I Love", "Life is Unpredictable")

-Two "wild card" items: Pink Paislee sequins, Studio Calico cork chevron stickers

-A nearby item: Pretty Little Studio brackets & butterflies.

I love this kit - it's totally me and I can't wait to dig in and start using it.


The second challenge I plan on embarking on this month is to create 10 layouts using 10 of the sketches I've pinned.  I'm affectionately calling this challenge "Sketchy August."  In theory, this is the last month before Baby Girl Benjamin arrives (although she could surprise us early, I know that), so I want to get in my scrappy happy time before she arrives.  I've selected 10 sketches that I want to follow.  Some are totally my style and some definitely aren't and will challenge me - I'm so excited to try to knock this out!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know if you decide to play along with either of these challenges, as I'd love to follow along on your creative journey!

No comments: